A series of 10 pamphlets that were published in the early 1900's. They describe the origin of Jesus' Church and the gospel message. There were several different versions of this pamphlet printed over the course of several years.
A series of 10 pamphlets that were published in the early 1900's. They describe the origin of Jesus' Church and the gospel message.
Edited by H. A. Higgins and E. E. Long of the Southern Nebraska district. The name "Arimat" is an Algonquin Indian name which means value, a valuable thing. Two volumes were published starting in 1919 and continuing through 1920. Volume 1 Numbers 1 and 2 were published at Lincoln, Nebraska, USA and Numbers 5 to 12 and Volume 2 were published at Nebraska City, Nebraska, USA.
Published from 1888 to 1932. It was a periodical for the young people of the Church. The name of the publication was changed to Vision in 1929. Many testimonies, experiences and autobiographies were published in Autumn Leaves.
A series of children's books published by various authors of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the early 1900's. Included in each book was a list of the names of those whose birth offerings contributed to the publication of that particular book. Fourteen different books were published from 1908 to 1926.
Publication of the Church of the Christian Brotherhood (Toronto, Canada) which was founded by R. C. Evans. Editors were Arthur M. Wilson and Walter Cullington. Four volumes were published from 1923 to 1926.
A series of missionary tracts on various topics from the early 1900's. Seven titles were published. It was designed to be a quick read by those who only had a few minutes.
A series of 7 fold-out pamphlets that covered basic topics of belief. Several different versions were printed. They describe the origin of Jesus' Church and the gospel message.
Published in London, Ontario, Canada. The editor was Robert Farthing. Volume 1 number 5 published in 1909 is available.
A newspaper published in Lamoni, Iowa, USA by W. H. Deam starting in 1894. The name was changed to the Lamoni Chronicle on April 4, 1901.
Publication during the RLDS General Conference. This appears to have been first published by Lambert Brothers in The Independent Patriot in 1890 (see The Saints' Herald 1890 page 48). Later this was published as a supplement to The Saints' Herald. In 1958 the title was changed to General Conference Bulletin. These are included with the General Conference Minutes and are in date order.
Conference minutes, reports, programs and other materials. Many of these publications were issued as a supplement to The Saints' Herald. These items are listed by years starting in 1852.
Published as a supplement to the Saints Herald starting in 1893.
A journal of religious education published in the interest of the Departments of the Sunday School, Recreation and Expression, and Women of the RLDS Church from April 1927 to July 1930. Blanche Edwards and Leonard Lea were editors. A total of four volumes were published.
Starting in 1852, the RLDS Church minutes and membership records were written down in a series of books. This continued up until the 1920's when a new way of tracking membership was introduced. Book A to Book M can be found at the Community Of Christ Library / Archives on microfilm.
Published in Buffalo, Scott County Indian Territory by G. M. Hinkle and F.A.C. Forman. The editor was William E. McLellin. One volume was published with twelve numbers from 1845 to 1846.
Vest pocket edition of tracts that were published quarterly at Independence, Missouri by the Ensign Publishing House.
Published from March 1847 to August 1849 at Kirtland, Ohio, USA.
Published in London, England from 1926 to 1927. Editors were Abel Hall and J. W. Foster.
Published in Independence, Missouri, USA by the Order of Enoch. Volume 1 number 1 was dated March 20, 1910.
Originally published from 1832 to 1834; first at Independence, Missouri and then at Kirtland, Ohio after the press was destroyed by a mob in Independence. The publication was later reprinted and corrected in Kirtland, Ohio.
The name of The Searchlight was changed to Evening And Morning Star in June 1900. This was published by the Church of Christ Temple Lot (Hedrickites). It was published in Independence until 1914.
Published at Oakland, California, USA from January 1885 to November 1888. Edited by Hiram P. Brown.
Published in Independence, Missouri, USA at Zion's Printing And Publishing Company starting in 1908. B. F. Cummings was the editor.
Publication for the RLDS General Conference from 1958 to 1960 (two conferences). In previous years the publication was known as the Conference Daily Edition. In 1962 the publication was renamed World Conference Bulletin.
Published at Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA. Editor and publisher was Egerton K. Evans. Published from 1897 to 1918. Official organ of the Southern Michigan and Northern Indiana District of the R.L.D.S. Church.
A series of sermon tracts issued quarterly from 1894 to 1906 by the Ensign Publishing House of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Sermons originally appeared in Zion's Ensign.
Published in Voree, Racine County, Wisconsin, USA from September 23, 1847 to June 6, 1850. It was the official publication of a faction of the church led by J. J. Strang. The first name of the publication was the Voree Herald which began publication in January 1846 (volume 1 numbers 1 through 10). The name was changed to Zion's Reveille in November 1846 with volume 1 number 11 and continued through volume 2 number 26 (September 16, 1847). The name was changed to Gospel Herald on September 23, 1847 with volume 2 number 27 & 28 (combined numbers) and continued through volume 5. The last date of the publication was June 6, 1850 (volume 5 number 12, which was whole number 180). James J. Strang was the editor.
Published and edited by George W. Millard at Perth, Western Australia in 1907.
Published by the General Sunday School Association of the RLDS Church starting in 1892. Lessons were published on a quarterly basis for several age groups, including Beginner Grade, Primary Grade, Intermediate Grade, Junior Grade and Senior Grade.
Publication edited by Benjamin Winchester which was published in 1841 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Volume 1 contained 12 numbers and was published from January 1, 1841 to June 15, 1841.
Official newspaper of the Australasian Mission of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS). Published Monthly from 1902 through 1933. The title of the publication was later changed to The Standard.
Published from 1907 (not published in 1908 and 1909) to 1926 for the High Priests Quorum of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Includes biographies, addresses and pictures of members of the Quorum.
Published quarterly at Kansas City, Missouri, USA from July 1932 to April 1934.
Published by the RLDS Church.
Newspaper published in Independence, Missouri, USA from 1888 to 18??.
A newspaper published from 1888 to 1910 by Lambert Brothers at Lamoni, Decatur County, Iowa, USA. It was formerly known as the Lamoni Gazette. The newspaper was purchased by Joseph R. Lambert and Daniel F. Lambert and the name was changed to the Independent Patriot. See Saints Herald volume 35, number 34 & 35 (1888 page 552 & 555) for further information.
Published from 1908 to 1925 by the RLDS Church. The first editor was Church Hisorian Heman C. Smith.
Published by S. E. King at Lamoni, Iowa, USA from 1885 to 1888. Three volumes were published starting on November 26, 1885 and continuing through August 16, 1888. It was succeeded by The Independent Patriot (1888 to 1910).
Published from 1834 to 1837 in three volumes at Kirtland, Ohio. This was the second official publication of the Church.
Published from 1844 to 1846 in two volumes at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by Sidney Rigdon.
Publication began in 1840 in Manchester, England. Parley P. Pratt was the first editor.
Published from 1849 to 1850 by Isaac Sheen (also spelled Melchisedic & Melchisedeck)
Published from 1874 to 1877 in Utah for the RLDS Church. Publication was edited and published by Apostle Jason W. Briggs.
This publication was a successor to The Return. It was published in Independence, Missouri, USA from October 1900 to April 1901.
Weekly newspaper published in New York, USA. The editor was John Taylor. A Prospectus was published in early 1855. Volume 1 began in February 1855 and continued to February 16, 1856. Volume 2 began February 23, 1856.
A newspaper that was published in Nauvoo for only one issue on June 7, 1844 by individuals who had been excommunicated by the Church, including William Law who was a former member of the First Presidency. The paper was declared a public nuisance by the Nauvoo City Council and ordered to be destroyed.
A weekly newspaper that was published in Nauvoo between May 1843 and October 1845. It was a secular newspaper edited by John Taylor.
Published from 1934 to 1943. It was the successor to High Priests Bulletin.
A magazine that was to be published semi-monthly by editor and proprietor Mark H. Forscutt starting in September 1868. The magazine was never published.
A quarterly magazine published by the Zion's Religio-Literary Society. It provided weekly lessons on The Book Of Mormon and archaeology, and programs for locals and home classes.
A periodical published in the interests of the Church of Christ (Whitmerite) faction from January 1889 to October 1900. This publication was followed by The Messenger Of Truth in 1900.
Originally known as the True Latter Day Saints Herald, the name was later shortened in 1877 to The Saints' Herald. It was later shortened again to Saints' Herald and eventually The Herald. Publication began in 1860 and is still published today. During its publication subscribers also received various Supplements To The Saints Herald. This periodical is listed under "S" since most people are familiar with the Saints' Herald name of the publication.
Published by the RLDS Church as a supplement to the Saints Herald from October 29, 1892 to November 21, 1894. Two volumes were published. It contains sermons by prominent men of the Church.
Published by the Church of Christ Temple Lot from 1896 to 1900. Five volumes were publshed and the editor was John R. Halderman.
An eight page paper for boys and girls which began publication in 1913 and continued until 1972. The original editor was Marietta Walker and the managing editor was Estella Wight. Originally published in Lamoni, Iowa, USA.
Published by the General Sunday School Association of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at Lamoni, Iowa from 1905 to 1910(?)
Published from 1839 to 1846 in Nauvoo, Illinois. This was the fourth major publication of the early Church.
Tracts which were advertised and sold by number in The True Latter Day Saints' Herald starting in 1867. These were first advertised as "Tracts of Eight Pages" and "Tracts of Twelve Pages." In 1868 "Tracts of Four Pages" were advertised. By 1870 these tracts began to be numbered and several in the German and Danish language were also added. Each tract sold for $.03 to $.05 cents. By 1893 there were 44 numbered tracts advertised. A set of these could be purchased as a Bound Set Of Tracts for $.50. By 1901 there were 48 numbered tracts advertised. Over the years new tracts were published utilizing previous numbers. By 1905 additional tracts were advertised numbered in the 200's, 300's, 400's and 600's. By the 1920's new tracts were added numbered in the 1200's.
First publication of the Church of Christ (Temple Lot or "Hedrickite") movement. Advocated for a primitive organization of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Published at Bloomington, Illinois, USA and Independence, Missouri, USA. It was edited by Granville Hedrick, who was ordained as the Church's first leader in July 1863. Only two volumes were published.
Published from September 1914 to October 1918. The name was later changed to The Unity, then to One and eventually to The Priesthood Journal.
Autumn Leaves was published from 1888 to 1928. The name of the publication was changed to Vision in 1932. It was a periodical for the young people of the Church.
Published in Voree, Racine County, Wisconsin, USA from January 1846 to June 1850. It was the official publication of a faction of the church led by J. J. Strang. The first name of the publication was the Voree Herald (volume 1 numbers 1 through 10). The name was changed to Zion's Reveille in November 1846 with volume 1 number 11 and continued through volume 2 number 26 (September 16, 1847). The name was changed to Gospel Herald on September 23, 1847 with volume 2 number 27 & 28 (combined numbers) and continued through volume 5. The last date of the publication was June 6, 1850 (volume 5 number 12 which was whole number 180). James J. Strang was the editor.
Published from 1891 to 1932; it served as the primary missionary publication of the RLDS Church for many years.
Published from 1849 to 1855 by Charles B. Thompson.
Zion's Reveille was published from 1846 to September 1847. The name was then changed to Gospel Herald.